My Thoughts On Teaching with Technology

   Howdy Lodestars!๐Ÿ™Œ You guys are shining bright like a sun that I had to put my sunglasses on even if the weather is cloudy in Turkey. ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐ŸŒž

   In former posts, I gave you so many informations about the usage of technology in language classrooms. This time, it is my turn to talk about how actually I feel about teaching with technology philosophy.
  

      I couldn't actually count how many times I mentioned 21st Century.  
  •    Our century needs the technology. 
    ๐Ÿ”–As a student, I remember when I was at primary school and had 6 different lessons on a day which means 6 different, heavy and thick books. Unfortunately, being a 35 kg child was not an opportunity for me. You can totally say that my books were heavier than me.๐Ÿ˜“ Every day , when I got home, I was so tired and always complaining to myself & to my family that "There should be another way to bring my books to school.


    ๐Ÿ”–Some years after, there were smart boards, online learning sites and tools. At first, we got so excited about these new devices. Maybe, these would be our salvations or enlightenments. But, then we faced with another difficulties.. Our teachers didn't know how to use them efficiently. By the time we waited for them to learn these beneficial tools and guide us to use them, the time passed swiftly. And here I am, grown up and learning so many tools that can be used while teaching in my "Instructional Technologies and Material Design" lecture.๐Ÿ™

        Most of the people get frightened, when we say "Technology". While some of them pretend like they cannot hear you ๐Ÿ™‰, others will act like they do not know anything about it ๐Ÿ™Š or the worst, they will try to avoid it ๐Ÿ™ˆ.  But, why? Are we scared of failing, getting embarrassed or breaking the device while we were trying to figure out its process? Well, we are HUMANs and we develop ourselves by fits and starts.

                                                  ❓ What's the point of being Patrick?
            When I was at high school, I was staring at my teachers like Spongebob. Therefore, actually I do not want my students to look at me the same way Spongebob looks at Patrick. Do not afraid of learning new things. Do not afraid of the knowledge. When we believe in ourselves and our students, we can turn our classrooms into "Creativity Heavens".
         
           "There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." 
    

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Funny Process, "Digital Storytelling"

GREETINGS EVERYONE!

Finally, I am Back Again with Great New Information! Part-1